Puppy Educator Supervisor – Brisbane
To recruit, train, and support Assistance Dogs Australia Puppy Educators, Puppy carers, B&B’ers and support the development of their pups and potential breeding stock.
To promote and grow the public image of the Assistance Dogs Australia Services in the broader community and especially with service providers and suppliers.
To work in conjunction with the Administration Assistant in the daily administration of the Puppy Education Scheme ADA, and related Assistance Dog Services.
To oversee the operations of the Puppy Scheme in Brisbane region and surrounding areas, until it grows to full production capacity.
Senior Instructor Regional QLD
ADA’s Assistance and support Pups
- Analyse and assess the temperament and physical characteristics of pups on the ADA Puppy Educator program.
- Determine and apply the most suitable training methods for each individual pup, and continually review and adapt training to optimise the pup’s potential.
- Analyse and resolve training and behavioural problems for each individual pup, and take appropriate remedial action as necessary.
- Make recommendations to the Manager for the withdrawal of any pup that does not meet the required physical and temperamental standards.
- Undertake duties and responsibilities in a safe and proper manner that observes ADA Human Resource and OHS&W policies, procedures and operating practices and not expose yourself or others to any risk of injury.
- Ensure that you are aware of, understand and operate in accordance with all ADA policies and procedures that relate to you in undertaking your duties and responsibilities, including the email and Client Service policies.
- Maintain vehicle assigned for use in good care including the organisation of stock, cleaning and request of any maintenance required.
- Organise and maintain equipment Volunteers return (including washing for re-utilisation), and keep track records of movements in our database (Salesforce knowledge an advantage).
- Undertake other duties as required.
- A current Driver’s Licence that is recognised in QLD.
- Qualification as an Assistance Dog Trainer or Guide Dog Trainer will be highly regarded.
- Proven experience in the recruitment and training of volunteers.
- Formal qualification and accreditation or proven experience that is recognised by the Assistance Dogs International and /or International Guide Dog Federation (IGDF), as a Puppy Educator Supervisor or equivalent.
- General animal behaviour studies and/or specific dog behaviour studies.
- Weekend and after-hours work is an unavoidable aspect of this role, and some flexibility in working hours will be required.
- This will be a part-time role working 3 days a week with a possibility to become a full-time role
- Six months’ probation period will apply.
- Police check and Working With Children Check will be required.
- Start immediately.
- Applications close on the 12th of February.