Unable to commit to a full year of puppy training? Becoming a puppy carer might be the perfect option for you!
Puppy Carers are required for short term care only. Puppy Carers look after our Assistance Dogs in training when the Puppy Educators go on holiday or are unable to look after the puppy for a short period of time, such as the first five weeks of the puppy's training.
Puppy Carers are called upon as needed and may be required for a weekend, week or a month.
- Our team will teach you everything you need to know about caring for a puppy and offer 24/7 support.
- We cover puppy expenses such as food, worm and flea control and veterinary costs.
- You’ll enjoy being involved in a group of volunteers and learn dog training skills.
To be eligible for consideration as a puppy carer we require you to;
- Not leave the dog alone for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Not have children under the age of 3 years old.
- Have a secure fenced back yard.
- Have a puppy live inside the house.